Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Finally, on the other side !

In honor of turning 50 (in a few more months)... I have been focusing on some goals this year. I'd like to share the journey of one with y'all. 
Back in 2020, I Graduated Nursing School, and honestly;went thru a bit of burnout afterwards. We then prepared our house to go on the market and pack up our lives of 25 years,move across the country, from WA to LA. It has been a bittersweet transition for all of us. 
We are slowly making community and finding our way.
We have been homeschooling all these years, so that has still been a priority. This time with the kids will be gone in just a few years. Last year we found  a great co-op, graduated Sarah and now in the homestretch of High school with Isaia. Just a few years left❤️
Last year, I was blessed to do some Hospice type caretaking with a few special families. This time rekindled my heart for serving, and standing in the gap of prayer and medicine. As '23 began, My heart was watching those Nurses in my life. I said goodbye to my Gr.Aunt T, who first inspired me to be a nurse. Her daughter, just retired as a nurse and has become a dear friend. I watched my niece finish up her Nursing School Program and many friends whom are advancing in their careers. It was time to complete this journey.πŸ’œ

So, I fought off lots of doubts and grabbed some courage.... Be strong and courageous...I repeated often. I studied hard the past three months. From co-op to Dr appts and track practice, always with notecards in hand. The stubborn part of me knew that if I was finally going to tackle this NCLEX, I only wanted to do it once. I fought off fear and doubts and what ifs all the way to the door of the testing center last week .
But God is bigger than all those thoughts and fear is a Liar !! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I prayed that over all my questions. The test shut off at 85 and I panicked.  Held back tears and went to the car. Prayed for peace driving back to hotel. When I turned on the car the song, By Faith, was playing. "By faith I keep pressing on, by Faith hope is never gone...."
Well, after the longest 48 hours waiting, I am so happy to say that I did pass and I am now an official RN. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
It has been a long road, but I am so thankful to be on the other side and to see how the Lord will use me.❤️❤️
So thankful for all the family and friends who have supported me and the family through this long journey.
Love, Tammy Hollaway,RN
 (This picture was a card given to me by my first Clinical Instructor..seemed fitting for closing out this journey.)

3 comments:

  1. SO stinking proud of you, dear friend!!! The Lord has poured out all you needed in His good time!!πŸ’•πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on!!! More than a conquerorπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  3. You listened as the Lord showed you "for such a time as this." The enemy wanted you to doubt, but you stood firm and carried on. The Lord awesome things planned for you, Tammy! Have great expectations on this new adventure! Love n Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete