Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The days go on...

Thursday is Jerry's appt. with the Orthopedic Dr. Yay !! we are looking forward to the next plan and ultimately getting him back up and better than ever.  Let's keep going....

Sundays sermon talked about not being complacent in our daily life.  Sometimes , during this journey it seems we get stuck.  I can keep my eyes on the Lord daily, because he is ever present in our life.  Throughout the day he is reminding us of all the ways he is orchestrating each step of this path.  The blessing continue and we are thankful for the love and peace we are allowed to be a part of.

Life here at home is still normal, Kids get sick, school still needs to continue, activities are still happening and chores are never ending.  Isaia has been fighting a cold all week, he has a "frog in his throat" as he talks and the girls joke with him. AJ is weeks away from turning 18 and my eyes see it happening but my heart is trying to understand where the time has gone.  Katie is slowly coming out of her shell , she even went to youth group this week, which was a move of confidence. Sarah Grace graduated out of speech this week, she has been doing speech since she was 3 1/2.

The clock does not stop when you have a crisis in the home, whether it is small or large. We must keep going , slowing down just leaves more for us to do when we go to face it.  But it is easy to be so focused on the trial you are facing that I feel like just surviving and staying in a slow mode is part of this journey.  Sometimes it takes all I have to open my Bible,even though I know it will give me what I need to face the day.  Sometimes , no matter how much peace I have I just am weary of all the things I have to keep focused and all the decisions that need to be made.  Jerry is here and able to run ideas through with me , but I am learning how hard it is for him to focus through things when he is dealing with pain.  I had a terrible headache from Sat til Mon and I think it was just a reminder of  trying to function when you are in pain and how its so difficult.  It was not fun for those few days, but it was good to get my mind focused more on WHY I am needed to pull things together and stay focused. To be more empathetic to Jerry and the frustrations that go through him when he wants to do things but just can't. I cringe and my heart aches for him when I see him in pain. I trust and HOPE that we will be nearing an end to this soon.

No, the clock is still ticking, the Earth is still revolving and life is still going, at it's normal , lovely, perfect pace.  If we are complacent all the time, the normal is going to pass us by.  The day will come when I will miss the squabbling between sisters, a coughing little fella "pop-corning out of bed" for the 10th time, an almost 18 yr old who quietly says "goodnight , Mom".

Jerry went out to his shop for a while today, he is enjoying his time woodworking and getting his shop in order.  He longs to swing a hammer again, that time will come. Now he can sit, listen, trust and rest in God's faithfulness to carry him and us through this journey.  Life is busy but the days can be filled with normal and that is so good.

This week has seemed overwhelming from the beginning, but as each day comes to an end, it is filled to the rim with good moments, mixed with hard times, overlapping stressful minutes surrounded with Blessings and Covered by Grace.  All together making another day that is filled with memories, and looking forward to tomorrow. His Mercies are New each and Every morning, what a beautiful promise to close our eyes to.
Hugs and Blessings ~Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment