Thursday, February 19, 2015

Change is part of the plan

It's one thing to say you are ready for change and another to actually take the steps to change.  Whether by free choice, or by just plain necessity.
We live our life day to day and hope that we are abiding in God's will.  Making choices that  we hope are part of the plan laid before us.  We are not perfect, yet we strive to do our best in order to one day see our Savior and hear the words " Well done, Good and Faithful Servant "....at least , that is MY HOPE as I go through each day.  Some days I mess up over and over, yet there is One whom has mercy upon me , all I have to do is ask.
Change comes, it is part of life.   We think we are making the plans , but the Lord is really writing our story.  Each chapter has been prepared without us getting a 'preview' .  How I would LOVE to see peek at what's ahead, but I know that I have to walk through whatever is before me to get to the best part of the story.  The funny thing is , sometimes we don't even know we are in the best part til we look back .  What does this tell me  ? It reminds me that each day is an important part and we must find joy in whatever comes of that day.
I can not stop time. I can not go back and find the day when Jerry was hurt  and take it away.  No, we would not be at the same place of peace if I could.  If I could stop time, I think I would have my 17 yr old stop !! Not turn 18, not become the man officially... Stay young and dependent on us for just a while longer.....If only I was writing the story , yes, I could just have everything my way.  Oh but what a boring way that would be.  Each change we go through , also brings with it blessings.  Whether it is the blessing we pour out to someone else , or the blessing that we share with someone else. Each portion of our day, our being, effects someone else. We are made to be united with each other to keep the story a flow.
I do not know what is ahead for us, but I do know and trust that if I give my story to the Lord he will allow this change to be another beautiful chapter.  Whatever the plan, I am thankful for the peace we have received to anticipate the change that is upon us.

Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago. (‭Isaiah‬ ‭25‬:‭1‬ NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment