Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Keeping our heads up through the process....

We are in month 4 of this journey.  I remind myself often that this is part of a greater plan.  We prayed for a change and we never know what that change is going to look like until we can look back on it. So for now we trust the plan and keep stepping forward.

It is not easy, somedays everything just sails along , almost normal.  WHATEVER THAT IS !!!
But most days have bumps in them, nothing major but enough to slow us down and remind us that we are still in the process.
Jerry has been doing Physical Therapy for two weeks now.  He was very hesitant to even go.  The Dr. is wonderful.  He is very thorough and really gives insight into everything he does.  He is teaching me some things to do at home with Jerry and has given Jerry plenty of exercises to help relieve some of the pain in his lower back.  It is not a quick fix but it is good to see Jerry walking a little straighter after he does therapy.  The biggest concern with the Dr.s now is actually his upper back and neck area.  even though the pain is down lower.  He has some severe damage up there and we are waiting on the MRI to get a better idea of whats happening. (His hands are having some serious nerve issues, so between Physical and occupational therapy they are working through some ways to keep them strengthened. ) We are getting closer, we were going to try and switch providers for it, but with our insurance as long as it is here it will be covered and it would make the wait maybe longer with more paperwork.  So , this gives the therapy time to start working and help improve the lower back for now.
Pain management is key to this.  If he maintains his routine with it, he is much more tolerable of being up and around.  It is milder and he can function somewhat.  When he misses it or decides to hold off, it reminds him he definitely has an injury still.  Which is good and bad.  It is not his desire to stay in need of the meds but for now they are helping in the process.

This past week, after Physical Therapy he made it to Good Friday service, which was great and also Sunday to Resurrection Service .  It was nice to have him by my side.  It had been a long time since all 6 of us were together for service.  What a JOY to my heart.

As slow as things seem most days, life is going by fast. Jerry has been up supervising AJ with his Eagle Projects the last few weeks.  That has finally finished and he turns in his application tomorrow. So happy to see that coming to an end and knowing all his hard work is going to be rewarded .  Our boy is turning 18 Sunday and it seem like such a whirlwind of emotions as a Mom looking back and ahead. My mind has been so focused on keeping things going and helping Jerry be comfortable and I feel like I blinked and our boy is turning into a man.  Though he has really stepped up these past months and we are thankful for the Man he is becoming.

My spiritual tank feels a little empty this past week or so and I am starting to just be weary of the journey. I am thankful for the bits of progress, disappointed that this isn't an easy fix.  I wonder what's ahead more lately than I have in the past.  I need to remind myself of the great things I know and trust the Lord to do through this.  I think we can be strong  but also feel tired during difficult times.  I am there, encouragement is needed. Just so I can get my focus back and keep my eyes upon the Lord.
It is late and tomorrow is a long busy day, but I wanted to give a little peek at whats going on this week.
 Thanks for checking in on us and know we are so thankful for each of you and all your kind words and Love and support.
Pray with us :
 Jerry would continue to be released from pain that his nerve issues in his hands would not increase
                        Physical Therapy would continue to help
                         The drive back and forth would be tolerable
                          I can seek the Joy and not be discouraged
                          That we can keep our eyes on the Lord and Trust his plan through this

Love and Blessings
~Tammy



No comments:

Post a Comment